Viscolex is used to treat lower respiratory tract disorders, such as chesty cough. The syrup contains the active ingredient carbocisteine which breaks down mucus in conditions such as chronic asthma or bronchitis to help you to breathe easier.
- Breaks up thick or excessive mucus
- Suitable from 2 years of age
How to use:
- Children 2 – 5 years give one 2.5ml spoonful 3 times daily.
- Children 6 – 12 years give one 5ml spoonful 2 to 3 times daily.
- Adults and children over 12 years initially take 15ml (three 5ml spoonfuls) three times a day, reducing to 10ml (two 5ml spoonfuls) three times daily when the mucus starts to go.
- Each 5ml of viscolex contains Carbocisteine 250mg.