What Do Imodium Plus Tablets Do?
The tablets are used to treat short-lived attacks of diarrhoea when it occurs with stomach cramps, bloating and wind.
The tablets contain two active ingredients:
- Loperamide hydrochloride, which helps reduce diarrhoea by slowing down an overactive bowel. This helps the body to absorb more water and salts from the bowel.
- Simeticone, which breaks up the gas bubbles in the bowel that causes cramps and bloating.
Swallow the correct number of tablets whole with a drink of water.
Adults over 18 years:
- Take 2 tablets initially, followed if required, by 1 tablet after each loose bowel movement.
- Young adults aged 12 to 18 years: Take 1 tablet initially, followed if required, by 1 tablet after each loose bowel movement.
- Not more than 4 tablets should be taken per day, for a maximum of 2 days. If your diarrhoea lasts for more than 48hours, consult your doctor.
What do Imodium Plus tablets contain?
The active substances are loperamide hydrochloride (2 mg per tablet) and simeticone (measured as 125 mg dimeticone per tablet).
The other ingredients are calcium hydrogen phosphate anhydrous, microcrystalline cellulose, acesulfame potassium, artificial vanilla flavour (includes propylene glycol, maltodextrin and benzyl alcohol), sodium starch glycolate type A and stearic acid.
- Do not exceed the stated dose.
- Not to be used for children under 12 years.
- Please read the enclosed leaflet carefully before use.
- Keep all medicines out of the reach and sight of children.
Always read the leaflet before using this product.